Anyone with symptoms that could indicate coronavirus infection (fatigue, headache, runny nose, cough, fever, abdominal pain, vomiting or diarrhoea) should make an appointment for a coronavirus test.
If you suspect a coronavirus infection, first carry out a coronavirus symptom assessment via the Omaolo.fi service or the Coronabot service. If you can’t use the online services, contact the National Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117.
The Omaolo.fi service and the Coronabot service can be used by those with access to strong authentication (bank ID, mobile certificate). A symptom assessment can be carried out on behalf of a child, for example.
- Omaolo.fi service can be used on behalf a child under 15 years old. You can also book an appointment to the Infectious Diseases Clinic.
- Coronabot service can be used on behalf a child under 16 years old.
Samples are taken in Kotka and Kouvola. Samples from those covered by homecare services will be taken at the person’s home. Samples from residents of housing and care services will be taken in their home or place of care.
When should I seek help?
Depending on your situation, contact the healthcare services by calling the medical helpline, tel. 116 117, or by calling the emergency number 112 in case of an emergency.
Serious symptoms of infection include:
- Deterioration of a person’s general state
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulty
- Continual chest pain or the feeling of a weight on the chest
- Confused state
- Deterioration in mobility
- Paleness and blueness of the lips or face
Persons at risk should be more ready to contact a healthcare centre or doctor.